You have seen the benefits if a person chooses to become a bank teller. It is equally important to be aware of the shortcomings. You need to assess some of the disadvantages before opting for this career.
understanding the negative aspects
– Flexibility is especially good for part-time tellers. Conversely, individuals desiring full-time work may resent being assigned weekends or during irregular working hours. This can be stressful especially for those who are not used to the system.
The banking industry is quite stable and bank teller jobs are on the rise. Unfortunately, compensation is low compared to other positions and related industries. Those with exemplary performance can expect quick promotions and pay raises but the rest are relegated to simple teller status.
– Micro-management is one factor that can work against Taylor. Micromanagement is described by Wikipedia as “.A management style whereby a manager closely supervises or controls the work of subordinates or employees. Micromanagement usually has a negative connotationMost tellers are not in favor of much micromanagement from their bosses. This is the process of ensuring accuracy in counting and securing money in banks. Counting is done at the beginning, middle and end of your shift. Verified and confirmed Check transactions are also conducted regularly. Discrepancies and incorrect accounting can lead to termination. Managers are always on top of these tasks.
– when you become a bank teller, you are exposed to a frantic work environment. It is necessary to cope with heavy customer traffic and other requirements from the management. Multitasking is imperative and Taylor must always be on her toes.
– You do business with so many obnoxious customers. This is one of the downsides if you become a bank teller. Exercise lots of patience and be as friendly as possible. You have to help the customers with all the concerns by filling the forms and making deposit slips to complete the required documents for loan or credit card. All of these will be part of your daily life as a bank teller.
– The job is also risky because of possible bank robberies. This can be a traumatic experience so you have to be prepared for any eventuality.
Now, although there are disadvantages, don’t forget that there are other advantages to being a teller. These challenges will test your patience and how you really feel about the job of being a bank teller.